The concrete laborer performs tasks involving physical labor for concrete paving and heavy construction projects. The position may operate a variety of hand and power tools, clean up rubble and debris, remove waste materials and may clean and prepare sites, set concrete forms, and pour concrete. The position will assist other craft workers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving manual labor in concrete paving construction projects; performs manual work in preparing surfaces.
- Perform minimal carpentry and concrete finishing tasks.
- Set string line, set forms, and grade.
- Assist with preparing job site; dig holes and trenches.
- Operate jackhammers, brush clippers, mowers, and other small equipment and tools to maintain the job site.
- Physically lift up to 50 lbs.
- Operate skid loader and/or backhoes.
- Maintains a clean job site, pick up and clean all tools and equipment, and secures job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Performs materials handling and storage.
- Follows daily procedures and protocols as set forth in job orientations and training.
- Daily reporting of time, progress and materials used thru electronic reporting, as assigned.
- Maintain and protect all property in excellent condition.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
- Perform routine inspection on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor, clean equipment.
- Properly follows all state and federal agencies safety procedures.
- Promotes and complies with all company safety policies and procedures; brings problems to the attention of the foreman, project manager, safety director, or HR director.
- Maintain certifications required by all state and federal agencies and company safety programs.
- Maintain a professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public and company personal.
**MUST PASS PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN**
Required Education and Experience:
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Previous construction experience preferred
- 401(k) Safe Harbor Match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Cafeteria Deduction Plan
- Safety Allowance
- Generally 40-60 hours per week
- Monday to Friday, occasional half day Saturday
- All hours are weather permitting
AAP/EEO Statement – Women & Minorities Encouraged to Apply.
Streb Construction Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran, or another protected group status.